Backup copy of personal data on Asus Zenfone Selfie 16GB?
Backing up personal information means storing data and content generated by the user while using the phone. This information includes a list of installed applications, photos taken by the device's camera or received from other users, contacts, notes, music and video files, browser bookmarks, etc..
One of the most reliable, and most importantly, the simplest ways to save personal data contained in an Android smartphone is to synchronize data with cloud storage.
Google in Android has provided the ability to save and quickly restore your personal data, photos, contacts, applications, notes and more. To do this, when you first start the phone, create a Google account or log into it if a Google account already exists, allow the system to synchronize user data with cloud storage. Take this opportunity.
A few tips, as always, to have a ready, securely saved copy of the most important for most users - personal photos and contacts, using the capabilities of synchronization with Google.
1. To enable synchronization in Android, go along the path 'Settings' -> 'Google Account' -> 'Sync now' and check the boxes for the data that will be copied to the cloud storage.
2. To back up contacts, you can use the standard Android application 'Contacts'.
3. To save your own photos, the easiest way is to use the standard Android application Google Photos.
Of course, Google isn't the only monopoly on backing up user data from Android devices.
Method 1: TWRP Recovery
The easiest way to create a backup is to use a modified recovery environment for this purpose - custom recovery. The most functional among those solutions is TWRP Recovery.
1. Enter TWRP Recovery, to enter, you need to press the 'Volume Down' key and the 'Power' button together for a few seconds on the switched off device.
2. Next, you need to go to the 'Backup' section.
3. In the screen that opens, you need to select the memory partitions for backup, and click the 'Select Storage' button to select the drive for storing copies.
4. The best choice for storage space is a memory card. Select the item from the 'Micro SDCard' menu and confirm the selection by pressing the 'OK' button.
5. After that, you need to swipe to the right in the 'Swipe to Backup' field and the copying process will begin.
6. The progress of copying files to the selected media can be monitored using the progress bar, and you can also see a log of the actions currently being performed..
7. The backup files made in the above way are stored in the TWRP / BACKUPS folder on the selected drive, then this folder can be copied to the PC hard drive or cloud storage.
Method 2: CWM Recovery + ROM Manager Android App
As in the previous method, when creating a backup of the Android firmware, a modified recovery environment will be used, only from another ClockworkMod developer - CWM Recovery. In general, the method is similar to using TWRP. At the same time, CWM Recovery does not have the necessary capabilities for many users to manage the process of creating a backup, for example, it is impossible to select individual partitions to create a backup. But the developers offer their users a good Android application ROM Manager, using the functions of which, you can start creating a backup directly from the operating system.
1. Install and open ROM Manager. On the main screen of the application, in the 'Backup and Restore' section, select 'Backup current ROM'.
2. Set the name of the future system backup and click the 'OK' button.
3. The application works only with root rights, they must be provided upon request. After that, the phone will reboot into recovery and create a backup copy.
4. The backup process takes a long time. Cancellation of the procedure is not provided. you can only watch the progress bar.
Upon completion of the process, the main recovery menu opens. You can reboot into Android by selecting the "reboot system now" item. Backup files created in CWM Recovery are stored in the path specified when it was created in the "clockmod/backup" folder.
Method 3: Titanium Backup app
Titanium Backup is a very powerful yet easy-to-use system backup tool. Using the tool, you can save all installed applications and their data, as well as user information, including contacts, call logs, sms, mms, WI-FI access points and more.
The advantages include the ability to extensively customize the parameters. For example, there is a choice of applications and data that will be saved. To create a full-fledged Titanium Backup backup, you must have root rights.
You need to take care of a safe storage location for the backups you create in advance. The internal memory of the smartphone is not such, it is recommended to use a PC disk, cloud storage or, in extreme cases, a microSD card.
Method 4: SP FlashTool + MTK DroidTools
Using the SP FlashTool and MTK DroidTools applications is one of the most functional ways that allows you to create a truly complete backup of all memory sections. Another advantage of this method is the optional presence of root rights on the device. The method is applicable only for devices built on the Mediatek hardware platform, with the exception of 64-bit processors.
Method 5: Backup the system using ADB
If it is impossible to use other methods or for other reasons, to create a complete copy of the memory partitions of almost any Android device, you can use the OS developers' toolkit - the Android SDK component - Android Debug Bridge (ADB). In general, ADB provides all the possibilities for carrying out the procedure, only root rights on the device are needed.
Summary: Also Known As: Asus ZenFone Selfie ZD551KL; Operating System: Android v5.0 (Lollipop); Custom UI: Zen UI 2.0; SIM Slot(s): Dual SIM, GSM+GSM; SIM Size: SIM1: Micro, SIM2: Micro; Network: 4G: Available (supports Indian bands), 3G: Available, 2G: Available; Fingerprint Sensor: No; Quick Charging: No; Dimensions: 156.5 (H) x 77.2 (W) x 10.8 (T) mm; Weight: 170 grams; Colours: Blue Pink White; Screen Size: 5.5 inches; Screen Resolution: Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels); Pixel Density: 401 ppi; Display Type: IPS LCD; Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass v4, Scratch-resistant glass; Touch Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch; Screen to Body Ratio: 68. ...
Comments, questions and answers on backup Asus Zenfone Selfie 16GB
Ask a question about backup Asus Zenfone Selfie 16GB